August in the defendant’s home in Hainburg (Bruck an der Leitha district).

August in the defendant’s home in Hainburg (Bruck an der Leitha district).

The case became public after the two four-legged friends were arrested on August 8th in the defendant’s apartment in Hainburg (Bruck an der Leitha district). The big cats had been there in the bathtub under a heat lamp. The nurse, who also works in an animal facility in her Slovak homeland, wants to have the exotic with her between two appointments with an Austrian veterinarian. The captured tiger babies were finally handed over to the Schönbrunn Zoo, where they died at the end of August.

The big cats actually come from the private facility “Oasis of the Siberian Tiger” in Slovakia. There, the duo was rejected by his mother and was subsequently in critical condition. Since the vet, with whom the private breeding station normally works, was on vacation, it was decided to have the tigers in Austria treated for veterinary medicine.

That is what the trial was about

The subject of the proceedings before the regional court on Monday was not the keeping of the big cats in the apartment, but the transport of the two “” living specimens “” of a protected animal species without the required CITES documents. “” This is simply a matter of whether these animals were transported or not and were there these documents or not, “said the prosecutor during his opening lecture.

The defendant “” will not plead guilty, “” emphasized defense attorney Wolfgang Blaschitz at the beginning. He referred to the EU regulation on which the Species Trade Act is based. The CITES documents are then not necessary “” if a live animal has to be transported for the purpose of urgent veterinary treatment “” and is returned directly, said Blaschitz. “” That is exactly the case here, “” said the defense attorney. If this is not seen by the court in this way, there would still be an apologetic emergency. In addition, a diversion was considered, said Blaschitz.

With regard to the latter, Judge Dietmar Nussbaumer immediately got involved. In response to a corresponding question, the accused stated that she would no longer transport the wild animals “” because it is not allowed “”. “” For me, the assumption of responsibility is clear, “” said the judge thereupon. Nussbaumer explained that there is no need for a special preventive “conviction” “because the 34-year-old would no longer proceed in this way. General preventive measures are ensured due to the strong public interest, which is known that such an animal transport “is punishable and is accordingly prosecuted”.

Finally, the original owner of the young animals also had a say. The owner of the “” Oasis of the Siberian Tiger “” had requested the return of the carcasses. On Monday she agreed that the dead big cats should remain in Austria for medical purposes.

Read news for 1 month now for free! * * The test ends automatically.https://123helpme.me/ More on this ▶Win true wireless earphones from JBL now! (E-media.at) New access (yachtrevue.at) 8 reasons why it’s great to be single (lustaufsleben.at) Salmon shrimp burger with wasabi mayonnaise and honey cucumber (gusto .at) In the new trend: Shock-Down – how long can the economy withstand lockdowns? (trend.at) The 35 best family series for laughing and feeling good (tv-media.at) E-Scooter in Vienna: All providers and Prices 2020 in comparison (autorevue.at)

The proceedings against a 34-year-old Slovak woman, who had transported two tiger cubs from her home country to Austria in August for a violation of the Species Trade Act, ended on Monday afternoon in Korneuburg with a diversion.

A 34-year-old stood before the court in Korneuburg on Monday afternoon because she brought two tiger cubs from her home country Slovakia to Austria in August. The process of violating the Species Trade Act ended after just a few minutes with a diversion. The procedure is terminated if the Slovak woman pays 600 euros within 14 days.

The case became public after the two four-legged friends were arrested on August 8th in the defendant’s apartment in Hainburg (Bruck an der Leitha district). The big cats had been there in the bathtub under a heat lamp. The nurse, who also works in an animal facility in her Slovak homeland, wants to have the exotic with her between two appointments with an Austrian veterinarian. The captured tiger babies were finally handed over to the Schönbrunn Zoo, where they died at the end of August.

The big cats actually come from the private facility “Oasis of the Siberian Tiger” in Slovakia. There, the duo was rejected by his mother and was subsequently in critical condition. Since the vet, with whom the private breeding station normally works, was on vacation, it was decided to have the tigers in Austria treated for veterinary medicine.

That is what the trial was about

The subject of the proceedings before the regional court on Monday was not the keeping of the big cats in the apartment, but the transport of the two “” living specimens “” of a protected animal species without the required CITES documents. “” This is simply a matter of whether these animals were transported or not and were there these documents or not, “said the prosecutor during his opening lecture.

The defendant “” will not plead guilty, “” emphasized defense attorney Wolfgang Blaschitz at the beginning. He referred to the EU regulation on which the Species Trade Act is based. The CITES documents are then not necessary “” if a live animal has to be transported for the purpose of urgent veterinary treatment “” and is returned directly, said Blaschitz. “” That is exactly the case here, “” said the defense attorney. If this is not seen by the court in this way, there would still be an apologetic emergency. In addition, a diversion was considered, said Blaschitz.

With regard to the latter, Judge Dietmar Nussbaumer immediately got involved. In response to a corresponding question, the accused stated that she would no longer transport the wild animals “” because it is not allowed “”. “” For me, the assumption of responsibility is clear, “” said the judge thereupon. Nussbaumer explained that there is no need for a special preventive “conviction” “because the 34-year-old would no longer proceed in this way. General preventive measures are ensured due to the strong public interest, which is known that such an animal transport “is punishable and is accordingly prosecuted”.

Finally, the original owner of the young animals also had a say. The owner of the “” Oasis of the Siberian Tiger “” had requested the return of the carcasses. On Monday she agreed that the dead big cats should remain in Austria for medical purposes.

Read news for 1 month now for free! * * The test ends automatically. More on this ▶Win true wireless earphones from JBL now! (E-media.at) New access (yachtrevue.at) 8 reasons why it’s great to be single (lustaufsleben.at) Salmon shrimp burger with wasabi mayonnaise and honey cucumber (gusto .at) In the new trend: Shock-Down – how long can the economy withstand lockdowns? (trend.at) The 35 best family series for laughing and feeling good (tv-media.at) E-Scooter in Vienna: All providers and Prices 2020 in comparison (autorevue.at)

A police operation broke out in Vienna-Favoriten on Sunday shortly before 8 p.m. A man was walking around in Quellenstrasse with two knives in hand and threatened passers-by, the “Kurier” reported in the evening. The police confirmed the incident to the APA. The officers first used pepper spray and then fired at least one shot, it said.

The passers-by had alerted the police because of the threat from the man, reported police spokesman Markus Dittrich. Since the use of pepper spray had no effect on the 29-year-old Syrian, one officer fired at least one shot. “” A life-threatening situation has emerged, “said Dittrich. How many shots were fired is currently still unclear, this has to be determined first.

No mortal danger

The man was hit and injured in the pelvic area. After initial treatment, he was taken to the hospital. According to current information, there was no danger to life, said Dittrich. The two knives were seized. Police spokesman Markus Dittrich said it was a kitchen knife with a long blade.

The accused, a 29-year-old recognized refugee, was, according to him, “” currently in the hospital in the recovery room “”. So far, there was no question of questioning, so the man’s motives initially remained in the dark.

Threatened passers-by

A man called 911 on Sunday evening and then stopped a passing patrol car after the 29-year-old allegedly harassed pedestrians. The Syrian national “” walked up and down Quellenstrasse with two knives and “” threatened passers-by “”, according to the police.

© APA / Hans Punz

While the man was still describing the situation via the emergency call, a police car drove by, whereupon the caller announced that he would stop the car. The conversation then broke off, Dittrich described. The two-person radio car crew who happened to be passing by was the first to confront the 29-year-old, while several other police officers brought in for reinforcement.

14 police cars in use

When trying to stop the 29-year-old, the officials used pepper spray, but it had no effect, the spokesman said. When the man tried to attack the police with his knives, there was a shot. The Syrian was struck down by a policewoman with a shot in the hip.

How many shots were fired in total and whether warning shots had previously been fired was still the subject of the investigation. A total of 14 police cars drove to the scene.

Read news for 1 month now for free! * * The test ends automatically. More on this ▶Win true wireless earphones from JBL now! (E-media.at) New access (yachtrevue.at) 8 reasons why it’s great to be single (lustaufsleben.at) Salmon shrimp burger with wasabi mayonnaise and honey cucumber (gusto .at) In the new trend: Shock-Down – how long can the economy withstand lockdowns? (trend.at) The 35 best family series for laughing and feeling good (tv-media.at) E-Scooter in Vienna: All providers and Prices 2020 in comparison (autorevue.at)

A police operation broke out in Vienna-Favoriten on Sunday shortly before 8 p.m. A man was walking around in Quellenstrasse with two knives in hand and threatened passers-by, the “Kurier” reported in the evening. The police confirmed the incident to the APA. The officers first used pepper spray and then fired at least one shot, it said.

The passers-by had alerted the police because of the threat from the man, reported police spokesman Markus Dittrich. Since the use of pepper spray had no effect on the 29-year-old Syrian, one officer fired at least one shot. “” A life-threatening situation has emerged, “said Dittrich. How many shots were fired is currently still unclear, this has to be determined first.

No mortal danger

The man was hit and injured in the pelvic area. After initial treatment, he was taken to the hospital. According to current information, there was no danger to life, said Dittrich. The two knives were seized. Police spokesman Markus Dittrich said it was a kitchen knife with a long blade.

The accused, a 29-year-old recognized refugee, was, according to him, “” currently in the hospital in the recovery room “”. So far, there was no question of questioning, so the man’s motives initially remained in the dark.

Threatened passers-by

A man called 911 on Sunday evening and then stopped a passing patrol car after the 29-year-old allegedly harassed pedestrians. The Syrian national “” walked up and down Quellenstrasse with two knives and “” threatened passers-by “”, according to the police.

© APA / Hans Punz

While the man was still describing the situation via the emergency call, a police car drove by, whereupon the caller announced that he would stop the car. The conversation then broke off, Dittrich described. The two-person radio car crew who happened to be passing by was the first to confront the 29-year-old, while several other police officers brought in for reinforcement.

14 police cars in use

When trying to stop the 29-year-old, the officials used pepper spray, but it had no effect, the spokesman said. When the man tried to attack the police with his knives, there was a shot. The Syrian was struck down by a policewoman with a shot in the hip.

How many shots were fired in total and whether warning shots had previously been fired was still the subject of the investigation. A total of 14 police cars drove to the scene.

Read news for 1 month now for free! * * The test ends automatically. More on this ▶Win true wireless earphones from JBL now! (E-media.at) New access (yachtrevue.at) 8 reasons why it’s great to be single (lustaufsleben.at) Salmon shrimp burger with wasabi mayonnaise and honey cucumber (gusto .at) In the new trend: Shock-Down – how long can the economy withstand lockdowns? (trend.at) The 35 best family series for laughing and feeling good (tv-media.at) E-Scooter in Vienna: All providers and Prices 2020 in comparison (autorevue.at)

A police operation broke out in Vienna-Favoriten on Sunday shortly before 8 p.m. A man was walking around in Quellenstrasse with two knives in hand and threatened passers-by, the “Kurier” reported in the evening. The police confirmed the incident to the APA. The officers first used pepper spray and then fired at least one shot, it said.

The passers-by had alerted the police because of the threat from the man, reported police spokesman Markus Dittrich. Since the use of pepper spray had no effect on the 29-year-old Syrian, one officer fired at least one shot. “” A life-threatening situation has emerged, “said Dittrich. How many shots were fired is currently still unclear, this has to be determined first.

No mortal danger

The man was hit and injured in the pelvic area. After initial treatment, he was taken to the hospital. According to current information, there was no danger to life, said Dittrich. The two knives were seized.